- Forming a necessary base or core; of central importance.
- Affecting or relating to the essential nature of something or the crucial point about an issue.
- A central or primary rule or principle on which something is based.
- Music: A fundamental note, tone, or frequency.
- Blog: A weblog forming a necessary base or core of intellectual and philosophical inquiry, of central importance to a thoughtful person’s day, offering the essential nature and crucial points of the issues shaping today and tomorrow.